Saturday, February 2, 2008

Meaningful Advice from My Dearest Aunt


My leng lui aunt (my twin cousins' mother) instructed me to go upstair, she got something to tell me. I sensed that she would tell me something related to him. I took a deep breath, be prepared to listen to her advice, actually i didn't feel annoyed at all but i love to listen to her advice.


And the most awkward thing was....she just stared at me and I started to cry without reasons. She never opened her mouth but my tears poured out like rain, wow~~she's really POWERFUL.

My aunt knew what had happened to me for the past few days, actually she didnt want to get involved but my mum asked her to talk to me. She understands that i seldom talk to my parents but my mum knows it whenever i am upset, is just that she doesn't know how to comfort, advice and express her feelings towards me, i know it too. I know my mum really worries about me, i shouldnt let her worried anymore as i know when i have gone through deep depression she is always there by my side, looking after me wordless but upset in heart, she always put her kids at the first place, everything she does is for our own goods. Sorry mum..i won't let you worried anymore.

When you don't fall, you won't know how to stand up. Fall and gain experiences so that next time you can avoid those holes and obtacles that make you fall, so that next time you can be smarter to choose which way to go to prevent yourself from falling. And it could be lesson to others too. Need to remind my partner - V, i hope you really learn from past experiences and be smart too.

*No Pain No Gain*


My aunt told me to choose guys with below conditions:

1) Find a guy that love you more than you love him, always put you before him.

2) Don't trust a guy 100%, especially personal things eg: don't let guy to stand beside you when you withdraw money from atm, always take handbag yourself, don't let other guys to take for you, etc.

3) Find a guy that respects and showing cares for your friends, family, relatives, and especially you yourself.

Cherish someone that brings smile on your face when you think back the past but not for someone that brings tears to you. She asked me to think twice, when i reflect about my past, is his love genuine? If it is not genuine then it is not worth for me to cry. Yes, i don't think his love is genuine, it is FAKE after all! Those were no longer sweet memories but memories that filled with cheats and lies.

My parents opposed me to take part in acting since secondary school. But because of my aunt, i got the chance to act on stage which is my favourite interest in life. She advised my mum to let me to participate in dramas, she supports me very much! When she walked out from the theater after watching my act, she told my mum," You had made the right decision." She felt proud of me and i cried non stop while listening to her.

My aunt always think that i am a strong and independent girl, if i can act good on stage i can act good in real life too, she believes that i can be strong and stand up once again. She ended the conversation with a sweet long hug by saying "I Love You." Soft but yet warm. Though she is not my mum but she treats me as her own daughter, i really feel great and happy. Wish her healthy, happy and pretty forever. Thanks a lot, aunty Ivy.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

add oil lo..don't fall down...i hope u can stand up...don't sad for the guy...don't make all the people who are conern you become worry about you...it not worth...

Anonymous said...

Your aunt is a smart woman.

Anonymous said...

Better to Have Loved, by Idina Menzel:

If the sun went down tomorrow
And it never came back
And the city went quiet
And we fade to black
I won’t have a single regret
And I wouldn’t trade a thing
Cause I never knew I could feel
What I feel inside of me

Chorus:
Better to have loved
Than never loved at all
Better to have dreamed
Than never taken the fall
Better to have held you and let you in
Than never to have touched your skin
Better to have hurt and screamed and cried
Fallen to the earth for a trip to the sky
Better to have loved...you

I knew all the time I was taking a chance
When I’d stand there at the edge of the cliff
And no one was holding my hand
Well the wind blew strong
And the clouds rolled in
And I felt us lift off the ground
Yes I bared my soul and I dared to go
Knowing one day you might let me down

Chorus:
Better to have loved
Than never loved at all
Better to have dreamed
Than never taken the fall
Better to have held you and let you in
Than never to have touched your skin
Better to have hurt and screamed and cried
Fallen to the earth for a trip to the sky
Better to have loved...you

I gave you everything
But you have said goodbye

Chorus:
Better to have loved
Than never loved at all
Better to have dreamed
Than never taken the fall
Better to have held you and let you in
Than never to have touched your skin
Better to have hurt and screamed and cried
Fallen to the earth for a trip to the sky
Better to have loved
Better to have loved...you

Anonymous said...

Brave, by Idina Menzel:

I don't know just where I'm going
and tomorrow - it's a little overwhelming
and the air is cold
and I'm not the same anymore
I've been running in your direction
for too long now
I've lost my own reflection
and I can't look down
if you're not there to catch me when I fall

Chorus:
If this is the moment I stand here on my own
if this is my rite of passage that somehow leads me home
I might be afraid but it's my turn to be brave
If this is the last chance before we say goodbye
at least it's the first day of the rest of my life
I can't be afraid 'cause it's my turn to be brave

All along all I ever wanted
was to be the light
when your life was daunting
but I can't see mine
when I feel as though you're pushing me away
well who's to blame
are we making the right choices
'cause we can't be sure
if we're hearing our own voices
as we close the door
even though we are so desperate to stay

(Chorus)

And I might still cry
and I might still bleed
these thorns in my side
this heart on my sleeve
and lightning may strike
the ground at my feet
and I might still crash
but I still believe

This is the moment
I stand here all alone
with everything I have inside, everything I own
I might be afraid but it's my turn to be brave

If this is the last chance before we say goodbye
at least this is the first day of the rest of my life
I can't be afraid
'cause it's my turn to be brave

Anonymous said...

Very touching when i read it..seriously what u say is so true..the best thing on earth is to have a family..& I'm happy to have her as my mum..I Love her & my Dad so much..They teach us how to be a close family.
I'm blessed & so are you.

Anonymous said...

I believe that you have known about your future way.So I don't think it's still necessary to talk about past things to you.Supporting and helping you step forward is just a nice way! :)

Anonymous said...

你真的有个很好的姑姑....我们永远都会支持你的!

Unknown said...

i am sorry for all the lies and cheats that i have done, i know there is no point to apologize now, you are right about me, i really sucks,i had failed and dissapointed those once had really love me, nevertheless,i really do love you.i had never lie about this,i know it deep inside,but i had take my family and you for granted on my selfish, what i had done is unforgiven, i dont dare to expect anything here, just want you to know that i really sincerely genuinely love you. i had destroy and kill my ownself,thanks for loving me once. i am really sorry,so sorry to put you in this aweful and grief situation.i am sorry

Anonymous said...

love is not like this!!
if you realy love that person ,you won't cheat her!!
when you cheat already,that is no more "sincerely genuinely"!!

スリナ * ⁿª said...

A,B,C,D等级都不会分的人
妳还肯要他哦?
 
浪费你的青春
挥霍你的美丽
出卖你的魅力
嗮晒你D时间
 
所以
 
抛弃不爱你的人
是庆幸 
放弃伤害你的人
是幸运 
丢掉关于他的一切
哇~ 你要走运了 xD

babechuan said...

ur auntie is really nice and understanding....
u surely can go thru this obstacles...
eh..laine...
be strong!!!!
peck alwys support u !!!!

donald said...

cheer up!~ we all support u,everything will be nice as u have a colorful heart.As ur friend i'm so glad that u could have a deep intelligent auntie.u will have a more beautiful tmr!~ @_︿

Vicℒ ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicℒ ♥ said...

Laine Jie thanks for the comment ya..i am glad to have a sis like u..Love u so much..
TO Daniel:
Don't say sorry after u have done 'EVERYTHING'...that is hurtful to someone,instead be sorry when U r wit her.
Genuine love isn't like this..u may say u love her but do u??
When,u have done all those that u have hurt her?
saying sorry could not heal her broken heart..EXCUSESSS doesnt make "YOU" a great person either.

Joey Wong said...

jie ......

I'm so touched with ur realsation..
although I wasnt with you while all the things happened..
i'm so sorry....but now distance might be my problem....cause i don't have my car at sg long (is an excuse for you?)

but now,from your blog....
i'd know that my jie : bcome stronger from the love of your family and friends...

i'm so glad~~

Jia you~~
IloveYou~
Love Your aunt too~~
she's a great person...